3980 Broadway Suite 103 Box 139
Boulder, CO 80304
Toll free: 888.891.9416
Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and multicultural work environment and occasionally seeks highly qualified candidates to join its team of committed social entrepreneurs. Ideal candidates are results-oriented and have a sense of humor; self-starters that can also follow established protocols and work well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment.
If you would like us to have your resume on file, you are invited to e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio Broadcast Journalist for 100s of Media Outlets: Multiple Regions Available.
Report on Critical Issues in your region: Reaching over 40 million people per week through 1,000s of other media outlets, the Public News Service has work for an experienced news reporter who has deep local knowledge as well as the important issues of the day.
Currently, we need applicants with extensive spot news writing, on-air reporting and skilled digital sound editing. Our successful producers have a minimum of five years of broadcast news writing/voicing/digital recording & editing experience. Please save yourself from the application process if you do not have excellent digital sound editing skills. Special focus on public interest issues; competitive pay and benefits; some night & weekend work may be required; preference given to reporters who already have a home recording studio.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced news environment (commercial media and wire service work preferred).
- Demonstrated expertise with digital interviewing/voicing/recording and editing.
- High comfort with technology and use of various software.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate intense levels of e-mail correspondence and phone calls.
- Familiarity with the news environment, progressive politics, cultural trends, and emerging issues.
- Must be available for afternoon edits.
- Did we say…ability to record high quality phone audio from a home studio!
- Sense of humor and innovative spirit very important.
Before you apply please visit our website for examples of our online content: http://www.publicnewsservice.org. If interested send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com - with “PNS Producer (your last name and Producer)” in the subject line. We can offer both part-time or full-time work depending on the region, please indicate which would be of interest to you in your cover letter.
Business Development Opportunity with Social Mission Media (Boulder, CO)
Do you consistently achieve or exceed revenue goals? Thrive on making calls/contacts every day? Successfully fundraise online? Then we have the job for you!
Reaching 40+ million people per week though 1,000s of news outlets, PNS pioneered the “Fund a Beat” model – so anyone can be a philanthropist and support media solutions that improve public debate. Our work is a critical piece in maintaining a vibrant democracy.
This position requires a person who is results-oriented, with a solid understanding of entrepreneurial organizations. Knowledge of media industry and foundations highly desired, as is familiarity & comfort with non-profit and socially responsible business culture. To qualify, you must possess ambition for a higher cause, great attention to detail and excellent prospecting abilities. The main responsibility is to achieve revenue targets for the year by increasing revenue from new sources and assist in maintaining our excellent renewal rate.
- 3-5 years of fundraising or sales experience with proven results (in a non–profit and/or media setting will get you to the top of the stack)
- Strong commitment to the PNS mission; demonstrated interest & knowledge of current affairs and major policy debates
- Track record of directly soliciting and securing new business — 95% via phone and electronic communication
- High level comfort with technology, internet research, CSM database experience, online marketing (preferred).
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Superior attention to detail, strong follow–through and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel occasionally
Base salary negotiable + bonuses. This is a full-time position based in Boulder, CO. Competitive health & retirement plans with superior vacation benefits (because we work hard and think you should play hard too!)
Applicants please email a resume, cover letter and an original & relevant writing sample to: Kim Clemensen at firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Business Development” in the subject line. For more details on the company visit http://www.publicnewsservice.org.