3980 Broadway Suite 103 Box 139
Boulder, CO 80304
Toll free: 888.891.9416
Senior Operations Associate
Business Development Director
Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and multicultural work environment and occasionally seeks highly qualified candidates to join its team of committed social entrepreneurs. Ideal candidates are results-oriented and have a sense of humor; self-starters that can also follow established protocols and work well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment.
If you would like us to have your resume on file, you are invited to e-mail it to email@example.com.
WANTED: Audio Broadcast News Producers - Must be available afternoons
If you are passionate about social, environmental, economic and community issues and understand commercial and noncommercial broadcast and print/online outlets, join our team!
Public News Service has several positions around the country for experienced news producers/reporters. The right candidates are results-oriented, self-starters who can also follow established protocols and works well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment. You must have a home office capable of recording and producing complete audio stories ready for broadcast. Video gear and skills a plus. Sense of humor and innovative spirit very important.
The Candidates Need:
- at least 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced online news environment (commercial stations and wire service work preferred)
- high comfort with technology and use of various software; demonstrated expertise with digital recording and editing
- strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate intense levels of e-mail correspondence and phone calls
- familiarity with the news environment, progressive politics, cultural trends, and emerging issues
- excellent editorial, voice, social media, technical and interpersonal skills
Primarily phone sound, story duration approx. 1:30 min each. In addition to reporting and producing daily broadcasts the position may also generate original web content for the PNS web page. Some night, weekend and holiday work may be required. The expected workload varies by region. Competitive pay.
Please only apply with the required skills/experience and values and mindset as described above. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - with "PNS Producer" in the subject line.