PNS Daily Newscast - July 6,2020 

Today is the final day to register to vote in Arizona's primary election; The FDA declines to back Trump claim that 99% of coronavirus cases are "harmless."

2020Talks - July 3, 2020 

Trump visits South Dakota's Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore today; nearby tribal leaders object, citing concerns over COVID-19 and a fireworks display. Plus, voter registration numbers are down from this time in 2016.

Free Tax Filing Prep All Over NH

February 8, 2012

MANCHESTER, N. H. – Tax season is here and there's plenty of assistance in the Granite State to help make filing those income tax forms a little less taxing.

One option is the AARP Tax Aide program, with sites at about 50 locations around the state staffed with IRS-certified volunteers and open to families and individuals of any age, especially those of low- or middle-income.

Jan Nedelka is New Hampshire's state coordinator for AARP Tax Aide. He says tax laws are confusing, and many people aren't aware of the tax credits and deductions to which they may be entitled.

"In the case of the Earned Income Tax Credit, particularly if you have children, it can add substantially to your refund. But a lot of people don't realize that even if you don't have children, you may also qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit."

Last year, says Nedelka, the program helped almost 18,000 New Hampshire residents file their taxes – folks who collectively received almost $10 million in refunds.

"And that literally brought millions of dollars of money that belonged to those people in the first place to come back into New Hampshire."

He notes that Tax Aide also saved families and individuals more than $2 million in tax preparation and related filing fees last year.

Many of the sites have evening and weekend hours and accept walk-ins; others take appointments. All sites are accessible for people with disabilities. He reminds people to be sure to bring all necessary documents with them, including Forms W-2, 1099, child and dependent care information, and a copy of last year's tax return.

To find Tax Aide sites, call 211 or visit

Monique Coppola, Public News Service - NH